Wednesday, January 22, 2014

    WELCOME!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I am a huge fan of cricket. This is a brief description of how to play cricket if you don’t know much about the game. Cricket is a game played between two teams of 11 players on a field at the center. Each team takes it in turn to bat, attempting to score runs, while the other team fields. Each turn is known as an inning. The bowler delivers the ball to the batsman who hits the ball with his bat far enough for him to run to the other end of the pitch and score a run. The batsman has to get runs for his team, but at the same team he has to make sure the bowler doesn’t hit his wickets. The team that bats continues batting until ten batsmen are out, at which point the teams switch roles and the fielding team comes in to bat.Right now the Sri Lanka's team went against the Pakistan's team.  Sri Lanka battled against Pakistan's spinners led by Saeed Ajmal to reach 220-5 at close on the opening day of the third Test in Sharjah on Thursday. Ajmal took 2-62 to leave Sri Lanka struggling at 166-5 before Angelo Mathews and Prasanna Jayawardene saw off the day with a 54-run unfinished stand on a spin-friendly Sharjah stadium pitch. Tomorrow at 7:20 England will be going against Australia.  On Saturday India will be going against New Zealand. Also, on Saturday Australia is going against Australia against England. Best of luck to all of the teams. I am so excited. Tell me who you think will win.

File:Pakvaus.jpg


4 comments:

  1. I do not know much about cricket, but is this like an international championship or something? If so, do they have national championships too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I guess you have to know how to play cricket for this to make sense. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cricket!! My dad always says that I do 3 sports:
    Tennis
    Swimming
    CRICKET(NOT TRUE)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Riya this extremely complicated i think im gonna have to ask for you to explain to me in person. But this post makes me want to play cricket now. This was a great post keep it up.

    ReplyDelete