Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One Day International
 
Hi! Here are the latest updates on cricket. India has lost six of their last seven completed ODIs. (If you don’t know what an ODI is it is short for One Day International. Two teams with an international status go against each other, in which each team faces a fixed number of overs, usually fifty. An over is a set of six balls thrown to a batsman.) India has also lost nine of their last 10 Tests. (Test matches are played between national representative teams, as determined by the International Cricket Council (ICC). The two teams of 11 players play a four-innings match, which often lasts up to five days.) I personally love these matches! There was a draw at Johannesburg, where MS Dhoni’s men dominated only to be deprived by Faf du Plessis and AB de Villiers on the final afternoon. Now that the latest match in New Zealand has dislodged India from the No.1 spot. The team has lost a lot of matches. I don’t know why though, I thought the team was very good. They used to win a lot of matches. These last few matches have been very disappointing for me. I think a lot of people were probably disappointed.  The general tone going into the two-Test series against New Zealand is that this Indian team overseas is more competitive in the longest format than it is in ODIs. New Zealand’s team however has been doing very well. They have won many matches against India and other teams as well.

-Cricket Fan  

4 comments:

  1. It seems like everyone loves cricket but Americans. I admit I never though much about it, but even then I think I still prefer it to football!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I visited England, I watched a game of cricket on television. I didn't get how they played until I read about it. This game is very interesting if you know how the game works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very interesting! I love to play cricket so I'll visit this blog a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would watch it, but it seems like I won't like it. No offence, but we all know I don't like sports.

    ReplyDelete